Welcome to the Honors Colloquium Leader Application.
Each year, the University Honors Program invites incoming Honors students to participate in our Honors Colloquium course. The colloquium provides a common intellectual experience for new Honors students and introduces students to the opportunities at Florida State. The colloquium leaders serve as mentors to our incoming students and lead breakout sessions each week, designed to help students reflect and pursue goals related to their intellectual, social, and personal development.
Applications to teach in Fall 2022 are now open! To get started, please select the "Sign in with FSUID" button on the right to access the application.
The Honors Colloquium course is designed to introduce first-year FSU Honors students to the Honors Program, campus resources, and amazing opportunities. As an Honors Colloquium Leader, you would create lesson plans for and facilitate weekly breakout sessions for a group of first-year honors students.
- Be in good standing with the FSU Honors Program
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Have taken or are currently taking HUM2944 - Honors Colloquium
- Attend a for-credit weekly training course in Spring 2022. Section assignments will be scheduled once selections are made.
- Attend additional trainings to be held in Fall 2022.
- Create and facilitate weekly breakout sessions in Fall 2022.
- Attend all Honors Colloquium breakout sessions in Fall 2022.
- Hold one one-on-one meetings with each of the students in your breakout session.
What does the application look like?
The application consists of two sections:
- Applicant Information (does not affect application decision)
- Written Responses (decisions are made from these responses)
What is the timeline for this experience?
Applications close Sunday, October 31 at 11:59 pm (Eastern).
Selection and waitlist invitations will be sent Wednesday, November 3.
Selected students will be enrolled in the HUM2944 training course for the Spring 2022 semester.
Selected students will teach the Fall 2022 Honors Colloquium course.
Other things to keep in mind:
Applications must be complete for consideration.
Completion of an application does not guarantee a position offer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ashley Archer Doehling at firstname.lastname@example.org.